This is the Home Page of Sporting Data Limited. We provide sporting data and services to private clients.
Data Scientist / Quantitative Analyst
Sporting Data is a small, successful sports betting consultancy founded in 2011. We are always looking for quantitative analysts with strong mathematical skills to help us develop our understanding of sports modelling. Successful candidates will use their skill and expertise to facilitate the compilation of relevant data and development of mathematical models for a range of sports to help select value bets for our clients. A passion for data analysis it is vital. Typical projects might be: modelling sport outcomes; behavioural analysis of other market players; sourcing of new data; liaising with technical teams to further develop and automate projects.Candidates' skills/attributes should include:
- Strong numerical and mathematical background, ideally in statistics.
- Experience of statistical modelling.
- Knowledge of and passion for a number of sports.
- Good understanding of the current state of sports analytics.
- Good experience with MS Excel
- Experience working with relational databases, especially MS SQL & PostgreSQL, including writing SQL queries, functions and stored procedures.
- Experience with programming language such as C#, Java and VBA
- Experience with R or similar statistical analysis package.
- Understanding of the betting industry
- Build statistical models and apply machine learning/artificial intelligence techniques to extract patterns, better understanding and discover key automation opportunities
- Experience conducting data analysis on big data and big data technologies
- Experience applying statistical techniques and machine learning algorithms to extract insights from real data
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
PLEASE NO AGENCIES